Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hello, dark place, it's me again....

I wrote two new poems today. They're a little conflicting. Whatever.

Signs

I ignored all the signs because I didn't want to see them
I don't want to see them
The music is dead
I can't seem to breathe
So caught up in this suffocatingly sticky tangle of emotions
Tears rise and fall and stop dry before they hit my cheeks
My mind telling me nothing's really wrong
My heart telling me I've got it all mixed up
My body giving in
My soul sliding away
Lost and troubled
Nearly gone
I can't bear the turbulance anymore
I don't want to have to
I don't want to need to
I want to numb the pain
And there's only one way I know how
Now friends
Gentle reminders that I am loved
Useless
They aren't what I'm looking for
Because I already have them
I am impossible to please
And fear I will never be happy
Sleep now, body
Sleep now, mind
Rest now, soul as you leave this behind

and....

I Promise

I promise you that this is the end
I promise you that I will not take it anymore
I promise you that I will move on
And be a better person for it
I promise you that I will not forget you
Or any of the things you've done
For those things urge me forward
And away

That last one I wrote first, and it has two separate uses...it's both a positive poem for someone I like, and a negative poem for someone I greatly dislike.

Anyway, whatever.

No comments: